Connor will be 2 soon. I can't believe it's already been that long since I brought him home. He's so amazing, as full of life and personality as his big sister. He's also got this lovely sweetness about him. The other day (while cuddling) he wiggled his way out of the crook of my arm and leaned around so he could place a big fat kiss near my collar bone before settling back against me with bunny in his fist and his fingers in his mouth. Last week while rocking him before bed he started whispering, "Buh boo, Mommy. Buh boo. Buh boo, Mommy. Buh boo oo." (That last one is 'Love you too.') Then he gave me that sweet little smile and leaned harder into my body. It's times like that I want to just absorb his awesomeness.
Of course, there are times he says or does things that are less than appealing. Lately it's "Mine!" Or the whole limp noodle effect where he simply turns into a boneless mass and slides right out of my hands in order to better throw a complete tantrum on the floor. It's new to me since Jordan never did that. So far it's not been too traumatic. Well, other than the one time he did it in the garage and smacked his head on the concrete floor. Come to think of it, he's not been pulling that stunt as much lately...
Connor has had some scary hair lately so I decided it was time for a trim. It was actually about a month past time for a trim. We'd reached that place where I was actually about to tackle the situation myself. It would have been a poor choice. So last week I took him with me to my appointment and let him get his first Big Boy cut. I actually let her do more than trim him. He looks adorable. He also now looks like he's 5. Okay, maybe 4. Still, he doesn't look like a baby anymore. Apropos, I suppose. You'll have to pardon the picture as it's from my phone.
Scary hair.
Exciting hair!
See, he's a Big Boy.
My mom came into town today. She came up for his birthday and is staying until Monday. I'm glad because I haven't really seen her since she came up in October, and that visit was cut short because of a funereal she needed to attend. I probably won't get to see her for awhile after this, either. Her husband was diagnosed with prostate cancer in December. They haven't decided where exactly they are going for treatment (it's between two different options at the moment), but he starts 8 weeks of treatment in March so she'll be unavailable for awhile. We'll enjoy her while she's here.
Time is a funny thing. Can anyone explain why the older we get, the faster it moves? I would love to be able to slow the passage sometimes...Of course I'd still be trying to fit too much into too little and simply rushing too fast to enjoy the little moments. That's part of why I've been reading more, cuddling more, dropping some dreams to the side to make room for the ones I'm currently living. It's necessary.



4 comments:
Those sweet fingers in his mouth takes me back!! The haircut is so cute and you are right about him looking so much older. I miss playing with soft little curls.
So adorable. As I get older, I appreciate more and more that those years with the little ones are probably the best life can offer. I'm so glad I can enjoy the grandchildren and watch them grow through those stages too. The haircuts are occasions for very good pictures. Sometimes my grandson who is three comes from a haircut with a mohawk because he likes to look tough.
Your kids are indeed growing very fast. I remember the first pictures of Connor, and it's hard for me to believe he's going to be two already! He's a beautiful child, and so is Jordan. Even though you have been absent, your kids have been busily growing up! Glad to see you whenever you show up.
Finally catching up on my blog reading! My dad had a prostate cancer diagnosis about a year ago. He did the seed implantation/ therapy and so far it has worked great for him. Hope your mom's husband's treatment works as well... I freaked when they initially told me the 'C' word, but quickly realized that prostate cancer is pretty much the best cancer to have if you've got to have it. (how's that for medical theories!?) hope they are handling it well...
Connors haircut cracks me up. Adorable in both pictures! I'm impressed he made it thought the haircut without major drama!!
Post a Comment