Okay, so obviously I didn't take this one...It's us, New Year's Eve. Chase had a gig at a country club so I tagged along. I figured I'd get a free meal out of it and perhaps the opportunity to play with my camera. It was that or hang out alone...
Of course, me and Ashley.
The room was still decorated from a December wedding. These tree branches were stuck in big planters and were gorgeous. While everyone was occupied I played with taking pictures of these branches. It seems that lighting is the biggest issue for me with photography so it was fun to just experiment.
My brother in law. This was an accident-at first.
Nature is amazing. Who knows what hollowed out the innards of this log? It looks like a "C" to me!
Speaking of "C"-isn't he just precious? I can't believe he's almost 2.
I love capturing pictures like this because she is so often still. Or, if she is, she's got her head down and her face concealed by hair.
He looks like such a little boy here. Behind that ratty bunny he has his fingers in his mouth. Neither kid would take a paci but both are fanatics about sucking on their fingers. This is right before he tells me, "Bu Boo (Love You) Mommy. Nigh nigh." Is there anything sweeter than the mispronunciation of our children? I was sorry the day Jordan learned to say 'thank you' instead of 'gitz.'
So now you see what I have been doing...I hope your New Year is off to a wonderful start!





5 comments:
Your pictures are great Whitney. I love the detail you can get in them. You all look so happy. It's a great post.
Happy New Year to you all.
All of the photos are very striking, but I especially like the black and white versions. I'm looking forward to see your photography this year.
Wow! Such sharp detail in all these pictures. I love the bokeh in the flower closeup...
The picture of your brother-in-law is amazing. The accidents are sometimes the best shots! One of my favorite pictures of my now 17 year old grandson was taken when he was not quite 4. We are at our cabin in WI and he is standing with his back to me on the dock, lifejacket secured, and his pants down while peeing in the lake! His little butt has gobs of sand and even some weeds on it. Seems like it was just the other day and now he drives a car.
These pictures are absolutely gorgeous. Including you and your husband! I do hope you are feeling better. This has been a rough winter for me and illness. Make sure you get enough vitamin D - it's been linked to viruses.
I really want a wide-angle lense and a micro lense. Your black and whites are terrific.
Post a Comment